Monday 3 March 2008

Brrrrr...!

Well I don't know about you, but I'm freezing! the weather here in good old North Lincolnshire is sunny but windy and therefore very cold! Someone also told me today that it's meant to snow this week also! I'm so glad I'm back in the house now after dropping Joseph off at Nursery and in my lovely warm craft studio. I can't as yet show you the cards I've been working on as they're for the Do Crafts Creativity! magazine which is not due out until May, (when they've been published I will, of course) but I can show you a couple of other cards I've been working on....




On this card I've used Papermania Designer Papers and Anita's retro outline stickers. I was messing around with the mats (they were originally going to be all straight) but I liked the effect so it stuck.





This card uses the Marie Curie Daffodil stamp sold by Do crafts to raise money for the Marie Curie cancer care appeal. £2.50 from the sale of each stamp goes to the charity in order to fund nursing hours for the care of patients with cancer and their relatives. It's a cause close to my heart, as my husband's grandma had help provided by them, and they did a wonderful job. I also used to be a nurse on an Intensive Care Unit up until December of last year, so I know how hard the job can be sometimes. I've used the Whispers strokes waterclour pens to colour this in, using them as a watercolour in order to blend the colours together. I think the black mats also help the image stand out. I hope you like it.

Anyhoo, I can't stand here chatting all day - must get on! until next time!

1 comment:

Jo Austin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.