Friday 16 May 2008

How much fun? (and hard work!!!)

How much fun is is legal to have in the country in any one year. Because, if there is - Wow! All the girlie's and boys on the Do Crafts retailers roadshow have definitely exceeded their quota of this year, and will be arrested forthwith! It all begins again on Sunday night in 'uddersfield, so we will be borrowing some laughter points from next year's allowance.

I honestly don't think I have laughed so much in one week-ever! Like, we laughed solidly for two hours in Phil's car on the way back from Taunton to DO HO, Sue nearly inhaled and choked on her lunch (or should i call it linner, as it was 4pm) on the way to Coventry. I really can't remember all we were laughing about, and of the things that I can remember, I can't tell you either! Partly I think it was the fact that Kirsty Wiseman is without doubt one of the funniest, loveliest people that I have had the pleasure of meeting, Becks the loveliest , most helpful, inspiring and most gorgeous person, and Emma the funkiest, most passionate and committed girly. You all rock! The lack of sleep and serious damned hard work was making us hysterical. OMG, after a couple of hours in a car, straight to setting up for 4-5 hours, then next day meeting and greeting retailers and showing them the luscious new products (more about this in a min), to then break it all down, pack away, and move on to our next location. No joke, I felt like the littlest Hobo! However, that said I would not have it any other way, I have absolutely loved every minute and long may it continue into next week and the week after! Talking about products, you just wait 'till you see what Do Crafts have got lined up!! To say that I was slobbering like a bull mastiff is an understatement to say the least!Take a look at the new collection from BasicGrey - Euphoria, and below the fantastical, go weak at the knees and pee your pants core'dinations . Also, the great news is that retailers were extremely impressed, and some commented to me that it was like a re-birth and a breath of fresh air!!! I'm like so lucky to be involved with Design Objectives, and the wonderful team that make all of this possible.

Now, off to look at my new camera, although I might wait till I see Kirsty next week. Less chance of getting Kit Kat crumbs in the lens thing.

1 comment:

Just Tracys Crafts said...

Clare

I am so glad you are having a good time on your touring and must admit the new stuff looks scrummy.

Keep partying hard matey - I remember the one and only time I went drinking with you and Phil, boy did we really drink that much. LOL!

Tracyxx