Wednesday 27 May 2009

Just One More Sleep....

...'till the mammoth journey to Australia begins! I'm rather excited, but whenever I'm going any place further than my back door I tend to worry that I've forgotten anything, until the age old phrase that my mum says jumps into my mind..." As long as you've got your passport, tickets and bank card - you can buy everything else"...and that settles me for a while, well at least until I take another breath.

Just before I turn off my laptop for the next two weeks, I wanted to share a few cards with you that I have been prepping for the show in Brisbane. I don't know whether I'll be bringing them back with me, so I have taken pictures of them now.

For the cards and scrapbook pages - I know, me - a scrapbook page!) I have used the Papermania Touch of Teal and Touch of Pink kits. Can you guess which one is which?



On this card I have used the Touch of Teal kit, and added soome black organza ribbon and brads.


I've kept this card very simple and only added brads to the kit.

I really enjoyed creating this scrapbook page. The Statue of liberty is one of my most favourite monuments, and I thought these black and white photographs worked well on the teal colour scheme. the skyline was vut from my quickutz Silhouette SD. LOVIN' that machine!

This one is from the Touch of Pink Kit (you don't say!) I added some Anita's black grossgrain ribbon, and the greeting is from the Clare Curd Ssignature Range Sentiments Stamp Set. I created the black scalloped edge by using small punched circles.


I think this card shows the beautiful papers included within the pack, which also includes double sided cardstock. Also there are beautiful stickers and other embellishments. I've added a greeting from the CCSR sentiments stamp set, which finishes the card off nicely.

The main rose embellishment on this card was cut from a gorgeous sheet of patterned cardstock, and I decoupaged using silicone glue. The greeting is from the Daisy and Dandelion Message Set.

My final offering to you tonight is this scrapbook page, which again I had so much fun putting together. Who would have thought it eh? The gorgeous frame around the photograph was cut from...yes, you guessed it - the Silhouette SD! The cute lettering is all included within the lit, and I tarted up the lettering with Anit's 3D clear gloss. I love that stuff! it really brings out the glitter already present on the letters.

Anyhoo, I'd better spend some time with my much neglected but cherished Husband. Have a wonderful couple of weeks, and hopefully I will get to blog over in Oz!
Stay safe and keep well!
Love, Clare x

11 comments:

Carol Ann said...

Have a great adventure over in Oz, stay safe and bring back lots of photo's x

Lynsey said...

Great cards and scrapbook pages Clare! Have a fantastic time!
Hugs Lynsey:)

scrappyjacky said...

Some lovely samples,Clare...sure they'll love them in Oz....have a great trip.

Sharon Noble said...

Clare have a wonderful time and good luck with the presentation.

Your designs are beautiful xoxox

craftydevil said...

Good luck Clare.
Luv Irene

Anonymous said...

Fantastic cards (and scrapbook pages!) Clare, you are so lucky! You're away by now, but you will also be gone over my bday, lucky thing! Have a happy, safe journey, will miss your blogging, and ahve the best time EVER! XXXX
Love rachel

Sarpreet said...

Have a fantastic time down under! I am sure you will do great. And such georgous cards, i am inspired, and love those layouts!

Wiccababe said...

hope you have a super time Clare, love all your creations
can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get back
Debz
xx

Vee said...

Hope you have a great time.
xx Vee

Ana Baird said...

fantastic cards Clare! have a fantastic time! Can't wait to see your next post.

Anonymous said...

Stunning creations every one. These kits are fasntstic value.