Wednesday 23 June 2010

Sending Hugs in a Tea Cup!

Hiya,

Just a quick post tonight, as my battery on me laptop is about to run out, and I'm too lazy to leave the bed {complete with snoring husband} and get my charger! I've been browsing through my followers blogs - something that I always mean to do but rarely get the time. For some reason it wouldn't let me click on some of them, it would do the bottom right on each set, but then none until I got on the tip row. Very strange indeed. There were a lot I missed, but I'll have another shot at it soon.

Onto another card I made at the glitter pot, using one of my all time favourite collections from docrafts - Henbury Lane. And yes, the tea cups get another outing, this time in decoupage format, simply because they are so darn cute {in the words of Jonny Depp as Willy Wonka} The papers are from the same decoupage set too, but the greeting stamp is from one of the Hawthorn and Bramble stamp sets.

I've yet again pulled out one of my stalwart crafting techniques - paper pricking around the edge of paper or cardstock - never fails to bring interest to a card...oh, and a little freehand lines too - yum! Put a cake on there to go with the tea, and I'd be all set!

Hope you likee alotee!

Love, Clare x

8 comments:

~JulieH~ said...

Hi Clare
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for the lovely comments. I have had a few funny problems bloghopping myself today too!
I love your card with all the funky teacups it is quite Alice in Wonderland. Love all the gorgeous colours
Hugs
Juliexx

chris said...

Clare its so beautiful , love the scrummy colours.
hugs chris xx

Sarpreet said...

This is gorgeous Clare - I love this card, again I did miss out badly on your demo - have you any more demonstration dates?

Mel said...

Love it Clare, the papers are just so delish and just keep looking at the!! Have to use them now tho!!
Cake would just finish the brew off nicely, cream teas and ladies that lunch!!Perfect!
Hugs melly xxx

Jennifer said...

Hi Clare. First of all thank you for the kind comments you left on my blog :-) Wow! I love this card!! I adore these teacups and have the wooden stamp. They are not easy to colour, but worth it for the finished results. bfn xx Jenny xx

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Clare, I really love this card. Great colours and those papers are just too good to use. I have the stencil of the tea cups but havent played yet, am off to find it, lol! Enjoy your evening, hugs Heidi xx

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card, Clare. I'm a big fan of paper piercing too, and I love your doodled borders. Those Henbury Lane papers are wonderful - I love 'em!

(Thanks so much for commenting in my new blog btw, it means a lot to have so much encouragement!) Sally x

Messi Jessi said...

Gorgeous card, loving the tried and tested techniques - they're fab!