Wednesday 9 March 2011

Best Wishes Birdie!

Hi there!

Here I am again! I couldn't wait to get back on here blogging.

With me being away with work, I haven't had a chance to craft anything new for you - so I hope you don't mind me sharing a card I made for Project of the Week on docrafts.com a good few month's ago. It's made using the patterned papers from the Born to Shop Nostalgia Collection {which I love}, and one of the Anita's wood mounted stamps, coloured with Kurecolor alcohol based markers. I embossed the pink patterened paper with a polka dot embossing folder before sanding to bring forward the white core of the paper. The scalloped edge is made using 2 inch circles fixed to the back of the pink filigree paper. I really like the contrast between the black circles and the colours on the card.

Well, we have one day of filming Creativity TV left, and I don't know why but I'm so tired - I think I might be coming down with something. Yesterday I finished filming with Phill Martin, and Sheila arrived ready for our filming today. Phill and I had such a hoot, and the same can be said for Sheila and I today too! Maybe that's why I'm so tired - too much laughing!

Last night sheila and I had a lovely meal at the Hop Pole, a 16th Century pub just at the bottom of the drive of the hotel - I had steak pie and I have never seen a pie so big! We were both shattered and dropping off to sleep,  I couldn't resist any longer and I turned out the light at 9.30pm, almost unheard of for me!I slept soundly until 7.30am, a veritable lie in! I'm still shattered tonight though - hope I feel better in the morning! I still have things to do to get ready for the Stitch and Craft Show at Olympia.

Anyhoo, that's all for moi tonight - have a great night whatever you're up to - and thanks for coming to visit!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Super card, love that little birdie. Mary x

Phill.M.Martin said...

Hi Hunny!
Had such a good time in Bath!
Thanks for making my first Creativity TV visit such fun :o)
Can't wait for Olympia ;o)

Talk soon
Phill
x

Lynsey said...

Hi Clare, what a wonderful card! Love the layout.
Hugs Lynsey x

Sarpreet said...

Absolutley gorgeous - love all the layers and how you effortlessly combine the papers and make it look stunning and easy

Chris said...

A gorgeous card Clare and such a lovely design and colouring, it looks all springlike! Hope you're well and recovered from your busy week. Enjoy the weekend, hugs, Chris x

Lee said...

Golly,you are a busy lady.Love your card,gorgeous colouring.Great ideas for the layout.Love the image.xx

Denise Marzec said...

LOVE those white dots on the black accents!