Tuesday 8 April 2014

Daily Inspiration...iAppreciate You!

Good Morning All!

Thanks for joining me today. I wonder what kind of weather today will bring, it just doesn't seem to be able decide what to do with itself at the moment. Whatever it brings I have been given strict orders from my GP to relax and take things easy as I'm still not eating at all well after my bowel op and have the energy of a sloth!

This was a card I was asked to make for someone at work. I usually ask people what the recipients hobbies and likes are, and the answer I got was 'Do you have anything showing a lady on the sofa with an iPad, as that's all my mum seems to do!'



With this in mind I looked everywhere and could find nothing that even resembled this request (which frankly I was surprised about!), but then I remembered that there is a very talented guy at work who is amazing at art and drawing. I asked him if he could draw 'a lady on a sofa with an iPad' and he did just that! I scanned this into my computer, fiddled with it, got it the right size, and printed out onto Aspire Crafts Crafting Card and voila! The lad who ordered it from me for Mother's Day was really chuffed with it!


Because this was essentially a digi stamp, I printed the image onto the craft Card, then onto patterned paper from My Mind's Eye Then & Now 'Dorothy' Paper Pad and paper pieced the image. I then printed out the image yet again onto crafting card, coloured the lady with Distress markers, then decupaged. The iPad itself is coloured with a souflee grey sakura pen. 

I printed the greeting using 'Teletype' font.

Supplies used from Clare Curd Crafts!: Tim Holtz/Ranger Distress Markers; MME Then & Now Dorothy 6 x 6 paper pad; CCC Ravishing Ribbon in Burgundy - 25mm and 10mm

I really hope you like this card as much as I enjoyed making it. Thanks for visiting me today! xx







4 comments:

Tracy said...

Really fab card Clare, love the dimension and the paper piercing xxx

Christine's Craftyart Blog said...

Love this card Clare - clean colours, vibrant and fun. xxx

lorilee said...

Great card Clare. Would really like that sofa! Take good care.

Linby said...

Wow this is fab. Maybe you should market his work as digis!
Linby x