Monday 6 October 2008

Arrrgh! Happy Birthday Joseph!

Good Morning Everyone!

Well, I know that since my last post it has been a long time since I';ve been on here, but as you well know, time seems to fly so quickly when you're having fun! If you want to find out what I've been up to since then, click here.


As I said before, there has been some exciting International developments with my card designing, so I'd better explain myself. I was contacted by Marie, the owner and designer of Pink Poison rubber stamps which is based in the USA, and asked whether I would like to be part of her Design Team. I decided that I would love to do this, as I design exclusively in the UK for Do Crafts, and I can do this in my own time in the evenings. Woo Hoo! I'm so excited to be working with Marie, she's a lovely lady and my first new friend from over the pond. I can't wait to show you the gorgeous stamps and my designs, which I will do very soon, although I am going on holiday soon, so it may be longer than I would like.

Any hoo, I remembered yeaterday that I haven't had the card back that I made for Joseph's Birthday that was in the last issue of creativity magazine (the ladybird Card). Oh No, but my fault as I forgot to ask for it to bo posted back. So, I got my stamps and papers out and made this card for his 4th Birthday. We will be on a cruise on his birthday, so I thought the Pirate was very fitting!

I made the seal by melting embossing powder with a candle/gas hob lighter (don't know the real name for it), and when it had turned to liquid, I continued with heat tool. When the liquified powder was the right size I stamped a Happy Birthday circle stamp into it. Hey presto, your own faux wax seal! It was fun watching all the powder form little balls and run around my teflon sheet! Obviously you need to be careful, and melt the embossing powder on a teflon sheet so that it peels off when you have stamped into it. The stamp is fron High Hopes stamps, and I have coloured him in with Letraset promarkers.



I absolutely can't wait to go on holiday now. I was thinking just this morning that we haven't had a holiday since Disney World last year, so I'm more than ready for it. I have gathered all our clothes together on the guest bed, and oh dear! I think I have gone way overboard ('xcuse the pun). I just geet everything out that i think I might wear, and before you an say too much, but wardrobe is empty and my case is bursting!

This is the fantastic ship that we will be setting sail on. The Ventura, a new cruise line in the P and O fleet which first sailed in April! I'm sooo excited! It's going to be fantastic. I'm going to try and blog whilst I'm on the ship, so keep checking back.

Thanks for stopping by today, and have a great day!
love, Clare x

No comments: