Friday 2 July 2010

Flowery Best Wishes

Good Evening!

Well, what a hectic day - I had a good few things that I really wanted to get done today for September's issue of Creativity! Magazine, and it wasn't until 7pm that I actually got around to doing them! I have a few hours on Ideal World from the 9th July, and I was e-mailing, phone calling and generally trying to sort that out before the weekend was in full swing. I really feel as though I've done nothing if I haven't done what I had planned - even if I actually got a lot done doing something else!

I have a quick card for you tonight that I made a few weeks ago using scraps from the Henbury lane collection. I might have mentioned before I love using scraps (especially at the time of them becoming scraps IYKWIM) and did I also say I ♥ the Henbury Lane Collection? Well, of course I did!


I'm really loving the CAS (Clean and Simple style) at the moment, I really can't seem to get enough of it! I still like to add a little ink to the edges of my paper and cardstock however as a half way house between matting and layering and nothing at all!


I've also used some scrummy glitter brads as a central embellishment to the Papermania capsule collection petals. And the embossing leaf punches are so great for adding a little 'something' to a design. This picture really doesn't do the embossed areas of the leaves justice - Here I sanded the embossed areas to release the core'dinations core! The greeting is from one of the Honey and Hugs stamp sets - I think all four are one of the most useful sets around for greetings!

Well , that's all for tonight - tomorrow I'm helping out my friend Michelle at her very first cupcake stall at a local fayre. I've made her business cards, tags and thank you cards to go with her orders/purchases - I'll take some pictures - then you can see her scrummy cakes on the stall.

Have a great weekend, and thanks for stopping by - it makes my day!

7 comments:

Dazie said...

Ooo I love those brads they are gorgeous! The henbury lane goodies are missing from my collection of stash so I think I may be off to the range to get some!

Lovely card
Dazie
x

amanda stokes said...

Hi Clare!
Fab card i'm lovin the CAS style atm too!I've have most of the henbury lane collection it's just gorgeg isnt it!Still not got round to using it yet but seeing your fab card's is making me want to get it all out and play lol.Looking forward to seeing you on C&C the 9th ...oooh is it something new you're demoing?
Good luck tommorrow i'm sure you and your friend will do fab those cupcakes look scrummy from your photos :)
hugs amanda xx

Messi Jessi said...

Mmmmmm cupcakes! Gorgeous card, love these papers and the flowers, the CAS style is definitely working! Look forward to seeing you on Ideal World - please be sure to let us know when you're on so we don't miss you!

Jennifer said...

Fab card. What a good idea for using your scraps up. I really should do that! xx Jenny xx

Sarpreet said...

This is gorgeous, i love the music player, I will just have to remember to switch off my itunes player when visiting your blog. x

Denise said...

Beautiful class card you've made there Clare with scraps too i now must hunt my scrap box out lol. In my blog you asked about my leaf die-cut sorry taken sooooo long in letting you know its from Marianne D range,Marianne D Creatables Flora 3 from Cutting Edge Crafts. Hugs Denise x

coops said...

gorgeous card,i love the clean and simple design and the papers are fab.i am trying to use my scraps more :) luv coops.xx