Sunday 4 July 2010

Yummy, Scrummy-licious!

There really is nothing like having a day {or even a few hours!} just to chill out and enjoy life, and after all the chores were done today {although I did find myself saying 'What happened to Sundays being a day of rest?'} I decided to introduce Joe to one of my favourite films of all time - 'Back to the Future'. Now he's getting that bit older, he's really getting into movies with more grown up themes {although you'll be pleased to hear that at the moment this doesn't include films like 'The Exorcist'}. I'm very pleased to report back that he loved it, although by the number of questions he was asking - he didn't really get the story line. I'm happy to admit even at 11 years old, when I first saw it, I was a little perplexed. We continued to the second installment, leaving the third for another day. Bliss!

I mentioned that yesterday I was helping my friend Michelle on her very first cupcake stall at a local fayre, and it was a resounding success! She had completely sold out by 2pm, just two hours after it had started. I'm so chuffed for her that it went well, and last night we celebrated with an Indian take away and a bottle of wine. We also designed and ordered a 6 ft banner for her stall , and gorgeous red aprons to match the colours in her logo.

Here are the business cards I designed for her - and she was over the moon with them. All the hours of work are so worth it when you can do something for a friend. You would think something as small as a business card would take no time at all to design, but I was learning as I was designing, so things took a little longer than expected. But I'm glad I did. To see the look on Michelle's face when she saw them was worth all the frustrated world coming from my mouth!

Here is Michelle, messing about behind a stand of her scrumptious cup cakes. Yes, they were yummy, and yes, you can see why they were gone in no time at all!



Her scrummy fruit basket cupcakes, complete with peanut M &M's. Yum!


So all in all it was a wonderful day. David, Joseph his friend came to meet us there, and we just sold the last cake as they approached the stall. Good job I had the forethought to put aside two cakes which we shared.


Anyhoo, that's all for now folks, tomorrow I'll have a card for you - in the meantime thanks for stopping by!
And Happy 4th July to all my American Visitors! Have a Great Day xx

7 comments:

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Lovely cup cakes, they look so scrummy!

The girls and I sat through all three of the 'Back to the Future's' recently, the second one got us all thinking, lol! Can't beat a Michael film. I love Doc Hollywood and The Concierge too, have you seen them?

hugs Heidi xx

chris said...

Oh yes, defineately yummylicious.
hugs chris xx

Mel said...

OMG so yummy!!
They look so fab ........ does she send to Scotland?? mmmmmm need cake now!!
Hugs melly xxx

Sarah said...

Wow, gorgeous cupcakes! They are amazing. I'm just getting into making cupcakes and would love to be able to decorate them like this.

The business cards look stunning too, what a lovely friend you are.

I remember seeing Back to the Future at the cinema for a friends birtday, I think I was 7! Still love the film to this day but have to admit that I've not actually seen any of the others!
xx :0)

Jennifer said...

OMG...not sure if it's the scrummy cakes or the indian food you mentioned, but I must raid the kitchen now! Am loving listening to MJ on your blog again by the way!...xx Jenny xx

~JulieH~ said...

That takes me back to when my son was younger he love Back To The Futue for the car!! He's 16 now and still mad about cars!
Those cakes look yummy and the businesscards you've designed are fabulous!
Juliex

Anonymous said...

Wow! Stunning cakes - no wonder they went so quick! I'm so pleased your friend's business is starting off so well. The business cards you made are fantastic, too!