Monday 5 July 2010

Love You...Suprise!

Hi there,

Today I have a quick post and a little card I made for my lovely hubby David. He does so much for Joseph and I, and without his help and support I couldn't do any of what I do. I have to go away alot with work, and he's so understanding and jost gets on with it. I tell him how much I appreciate him all the time, but nothing says it like a card!

It was late at night when I made it, and so I thought I would leave it by his bedside table so he would find it when he woke up for work the following morning {he's ALWAYS in bed before me!}. I had the free papers from Simply Cards and Papercraft on my desk so I thought I would use those.


I added Anita's 3D clear gloss finish to areas on the heart, and around the hand drawn border {I'm really not sure about that border, but you know what happens when it's late...when really you should just leave well alone..} which I coloured in red. The letters are from BasicGrey, which start out their papercrafting life white. I coloured them black then added a glitter pen {which again I wasn't sure about}.

In any case, he got up at 6am, all bleary eyed - and when he saw the card - he said ooo that was worth getting up for. It was nice to see him smile over something simple I had done.

Hope you're all having a great day - go on, do it for someone special in your life and give them a great day too!

10 comments:

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Clare, what a lovely idea! Great card, love the large flowery heart. My hubs is the same, nothing too much for me or my girls. I may have to take your advice and make him one, enjoy your evening hugs Heidi xx

Unknown said...

What a really nice thing to do i've never thought of doing that.I'm really lucky to have Pete he is my rock and a fantastic stepdad to my brood !!!! i feel a card coming on lol xx

amanda stokes said...

Hi Clare!Fab card, love all the gloss really makes it all pop!:)
Looking forward to friday!what time are you on C&C?
hugs amanda xx

chris said...

Hi clare, This is fabulous, I am not suprised hubby loves it.it really is great, I love the hand drawn bit.
hugs chris xxx

Vicky said...

Such a super card Clare!!, I also got a great hubby who puts up with me, our kids and my clutter lol, he is fantastic!!
Thanks for popping by my blog and your fab comments, will also be checking you out!!
Take care love Vicky xx

Anonymous said...

This is such a wonderful card, Clare - I love the design, and I'm not surprised hubby was so pleased with it! You've reminded me that it's been a while since I did something like that for my husband - he's an absolute gem too - I feel a 'surprise' card coming on tomorrow! Ah, Back to the Future - I have some great memories of watching those films with my brood when they were younger! Love Sally x

Jo Austin said...

Well.. I'm not suprised that he loved it. It's simple but stylish.. and what you don't like, I do.. lol.

Jo xx

Kaz Hall said...

What a lovely thought a gogeous card, looking forward to friday x have a lovely week xx
kazx

Jennifer said...

Aww that is so sweet! Fabulous card! xx Jenny xx

Jane said...

Just...beautiful! XX