Sunday 30 November 2008

Borrow a Cup of Smiles

Hi there!
Well, how has this Sunday been for you so far? I don't know if I mentioned it Yesterday, but David and Joe went to David's Mum and Dad's to help with tiling the Kitchen, and that's no place for a crafter, right? So I stayed here and dutifully cleaned the house, making sure there was still time to craft!

I meant to have a soaky soaky bath with candles and everything, but got so carried away crafting and watching X-Factor that I forgot! (BTW, go Alexandra, her second song just stopped me in my tracks and made me cry! I know she's your typical singer and nothing different that they're looking for, but no one can take away from her that her talent stands about a billion miles forward of the other contestants). I went to bed about 12.15 with my book and a cup of tea, and woke this morning at 9.30 am, feeling more than guilty! whenever I have a Lye in, I always feel bad, like I've wasted the day or something. So then it was straight into my craft room again for another bout of heaven.
I would like to share this card with you today. I used the sketch challenge over on SCS and it was such fun to enjoy using the project without having to stress too much about the layout. Again, I did this earlier in the week, and Pink Poison's 'A Cup of Stuff' is muscling in on the action for the second time. How cute is this little man? When Joe saw this card he said "Oh how funny Mummy, a mouse in a cup!" Bless him.
When I saw the little china cup I just knew instantly which papers I wanted to use for this project. So, out I pulled BasicGrey Sugared DP (designer paper), which remind me of fine bone china, and got to work. I stamped the mouse three times, once onto Burgundy Core'dinations, once onto DP and once onto white cardstock all with black ink and heat embossed with clear powder. Then once I'd added some colour using Letraset Promarkers to the cup on the DP and the Mouse head on the white card I cut them out and layered onto the burgundy cardstock. I then distressed and added pricking to the edge of the core'dinations before mounting onto the same DP as used for the cup, and Nightfall core'dinations.

For the base of the card I used Amazon Core'dination and again distressed the surface by bending and creasing before sanding with the fantastic BasicGrey Precision file set. A little layering, a touch of ribbon and a few brads and voila! And how cute is that sentiment - Borrow a Cup of Smiles? Perfect for anyone who needs a little pick me up.

Here are a list of the supplies:

Stamps: Pink Poison stamp set 'A Cup of Stuff'.
DP (Designer Paper) and Cardstock: BasicGrey Sugared: Charming and Attractive, Core'dination in Burgundy (COR 232), Amazon (COR 142) and Nightfall (COR 256)
Accessories: Papermania large brads in Red, Organza ribbon from my stash.
Letraset Promarkers used: For Mouse: Satin, cinnamon, burnt umber, cocoa, pastel pink (for cheeks and ears.) For Cup: Maroon, olive.

I really hope you like this card, I loved making it! Hopefully, I will be back tomorrow with another card, have a great Sunday.
love, Clare x

1 comment:

Ali Watson said...

This is just adorable, what a cutie. Another fab card.