Sunday 27 June 2010

Busy Bee Weekend!

What a busy couple of days! We just got back from a fun and eventful packed weekend at Alton Towers, and I'm absolutely shattered. There's so much to tell you, but I will leave it for another night, but as usual whenever I'm involved, there was drama galore!

Tonight I have another card made at the Glitter Pot demo, but this time I have used the Hampstead Collection of gorgeous papers, embossed transfers and flowers. I LOVE this collection - it's so warm and comfortable, like putting on a pair of old slippers and having a hot chocolate!


As the sketchy flowers are gorgeous, I immadiately reached for that particular paper, and used Colorbox chestnut ink to slightly distress the edges. I added a co-ordinating paper to the bottom and covered up the join with one of the glittered cardstock borders. Mmm, scallops!

The frame around the embossed transfer greeting is one of the flowers from the Hampstead Collection, and I've added white gel pen dots for a little more interest. Hope you like it.

Anyway after a great weekend, best get to bed. Hope you had a great weekend too!

8 comments:

chris said...

Hi Clare, such a beauty, love the warm colours.
hugs chris xx

Jennifer said...

Hi Clare. Glad you had fun at Alton towers. We live just up the road from Alton Towers and like to spend the odd day there. Your card is so lovely. I have these papers too but have not used them yet. I must do so! Bye for now! xx Jenny xx

coops said...

hiya clare, a really gorgeous card.i love these papers and the flower with the sentiment is fab.you should of called for a cuppa.i live very close to alton towers.i hope you had a go on mutiny bay, its fab.luv coops.xx

JR Creations said...

Wow, cool idea with the white pen on the flower, will be trying that out for sure!

Sarpreet said...

Gorgeous Card Clare, love it. Thank you for posting, I truly appreciate it. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog about the CDs! I dont know what to do!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is gorgeous! I love the Hampstead stuff and it just seems really versatile as well. Love the scalloped border x

Jill said...

wow stunning card Claire hugs Jill xx

Messi Jessi said...

Glad to hear you had a good weekend at Alton Towers - bet it was hot! Gorgeous card Clare, love the mix of papers and the gel pens adds that little something xxx