Thursday 16 June 2011

Earthy Father's Day...

Hi there!

Today I'm sharing a card I created with the fourth FREE digi download available *here*. This card is something completely different to the other's I've created this week, and I love the soft muted colours. I treated myself to a few brand new paper packs {you know when you justify the essential purchase of new papers to keep up to date...!}


I hand stitched the orange patterned paper with a muted green embroidery floss, and as these papers are reversible, it was quick and easy to colour co-ordinate. The brown embossed panel is the reverse of the striped mat, put through the polka dot embossing folder and sanded. I cut the mat for the ticketed panel by first trimming into a rectangle,  then cutting the corners with a small circle punch to get the neat shape. 
Supplies: Free Digi Image: Clare Curd Crafts; Papers and Cardstock: Core'dinations cardstock in cream , First Edition Desert Blooms Paper Pack {Trimcraft}; Ink: Ranger Distress ink in Old Paper  Tools: X-cut 5/8" circle punch, Pokey tool, Quickutz polka dot embossing folder, sanding tool. Embellishments: Brown and Fawn ribbon, green embroidery thread.


I've based this card on an old sketch from Card Positioning systems challenge blog too {CPS 146}, just for fun!


Be back tomorrow with the final card made with the free digi downloads. Hope you're enjoying them! Until then...

9 comments:

Tina said...

simply a beautiful card...i love the color combo and your sentiment is perfect

Tina

tilly said...

love your new papers and the layout
Tilly

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Claire,love the layout.xxx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Simply gorgeous sweetie...love the colour combo & great sentiment tag :D
hugs and xxx

Crafting Diva said...

Hi Clare thanks so much for taking the time to vist my blog and leaving me a lovely message. Was really please with how my card turned out just need to make my matching gift box to put Father's day gift in.
hugs from Lisa

Lee said...

Brilliant card.Great colours.x

melsanford said...

Fab card.... Those papers are goooorgeous! :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Soo said...

I'm a newbie paper crafter and was just pointed to this blog as a great source of inspiration -- and I haven't been disappointed!! :)

Gorgeous work -- I'm off to read all the older posts now.

Jackie Rockwell said...

LOVE this card! Warm earthy colors are my favorite. The layering is wonderful.