Saturday 11 June 2011

Friends are the Essence of Life...

Hi There!

Well, what a day! Can the weather decide what to do at all today? One minute glorious sunshine, the next torrential rain. I'm sure that the farmer's are doing a celebration dance though, and rightly so!

I made this quick card yesterday. I was all fidgety and couldn't seem to settle down to anything. Do you ever get days like that, where you feel as though you have Ants in your tummy?

I was initially enveloped by the colour combination from the Color Q Challenge, and I went on to have a look for other challenges to enter. I seem to be addicted to challenges at the moment. Am I a lost cause, or is there any cure? I'd love to know the challenges you'd recommend. I've found Feline Playful through a few recommendations {thank you!},but I'd love to know which ones you enjoy.


I used a clear stamp set I've had for years...I'm so sorry I don't have a clue what it is, or who made it. If anyone has an idea, I'd love you to leave a comment. I used a mixture of pigment and dye based inks to achieve the right colour mix for the Color Q challenge. The colours are just awesome together! I also used cored'inations cardstock on the reverse side so that I didn't pick up too much texture on the stamped images. I added the ribbon through a hole created by my crop a dile before mounting onto burgundy cardstock.


I also used a masking technique to layer the images. I LOVE this technique, so I make sure I keep my masks with the stamp set so I can use until it gets too grotty.

Supplies: Stamps :Flowers, unknown; Kaisercraft Friendship Sentiments; Inks: Colorbox Red and Dune pigment; Mushroom chalk ink and Chocolate Brown dye based ink. Cardstock: Vanilla and scarlet Core'dinations cardstock. Ribbon: Brown Spotty Ribbon from Country Baskets

I'd like to enter the card into the following challenges:




Thanks for coming by today...It's around dinner time so I'm hoping that we'll be eating soon!

16 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Clare,I love the techniques you have used.xxx

Georgina said...

A lovely card. Great colour combination.

Sarpreet said...

Congratulations to the blog candy winner, I like to participate in the following, but then look at as many challenge blogs as possible to see if the card fits into the other challenges:

Penny Black At Allsorts:
http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.com/

Penny Black Saturday:
http://pennybfriendssaturdaychallenge.blogspot.com/

Forever Friends:
http://www.foreverfriendschallengeblog.blogspot.com/

By the Cute & Girly:
http://bythecuteandgirly.blogspot.com/
(cos it is monthly)

Sketch N Stash - cos you have to use your newest or neglected stash but by following a sketch layout:
http://sketchandstashchallenge.blogspot.com/

Gorgeous card Clare, love it. So different and elegant. I often did that - use the opposite side of the coordinations cardstock.

Faye said...

Loving these colours and the fabby ribbon. xx

Unknown said...

Hi Clare, Your card is just gorgeous. So elegant and the colours are lovely. Thanks for joining in with us this time at Divas by Design. Sarah

Lynda said...

I know that feeling exactly, I think its this changeable weather that causes it. North Lincolnshire - I'm in South Lincs but I'm orginally from Scunthorpe. Challenges I enjoy are Allsorts, Sir Stampalot and Cupcake Challenge.

tilly said...

a lovely card and love the colours used
Tilly

Crafteezee said...

Very effective stamping. Love it. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. Hugs Tracy x

Jean said...

Great card and I have those days a lot... Wish I didn't but I have been doing this to long for it to go away now I think!

Sarpreet said...

Also, I have reecntly discovered this blog for sketches:
http://www.sweetstopsketches.blogspot.com/

I love the sketch layouts and I am inspired to follow, some sketch blogs have lots of little elements that I often struggle with. Although yet I have not had time to participate. But i will soon.

Sylvia said...

Very pretty card, Clare! Thanks for joining us at the colourQ this week.

Vicky said...

Such a pretty card Clare..!

thanks for joining us at Divas...and good luck!

hugs Vicky xx

LeAnne said...

Sweet! I love challenges too....sometimes I spend more time looking at the challenges than doing them! Thanks for playing the CQC with us this week!

cheryl said...

oh this is one,gorgeous card love the stamps you have used,just beautiful ,bless you for playing at anything goes,this week hugs cheryl xxx

Steph said...

Such a gorgeous card, Clare! I love the pretty flowers but most of all the colour combo! Thanks for joining us on the masking challenge at Anything Goes! x

Linda Beeson said...

I love your card, I love those flowers and the great color combo.