Tuesday 14 June 2011

Retro Father's Day...

Hi there!

Hope you're having a great day. The weather is just beautiful here in North Lincolnshire and this morning I have been doing some shopping ready for our summer holiday. I've pur~chased a few new tops, and I also got Joe some supper cool trendy tops too. He'll wear nothing else at the moment. Where did my baby boy go, he's 6 going on 16 now!

I've made a card with the second FREEBIE digi image available from *yesterday's post*. This is a little more on the retro stylee, so I've tried to match this to the papers...


I've hand stitched {lovin' hand stitching at the moment!}around the edge of the panel, by lightly drawing around the panel with a pencil, then pricking about 0.5cm away form this with my pokey tool.  It's stiitched with one thread of burgundy embroidery thread.The corners are a bit dodgy, but what can you do...it's hand stitched, right?
I've drawn a little black line around the edge of the circle, again a little wonky... I've designed the image so that it can be cut perfectly with a 1.5" circle punch!

Supplies: Free Digi Image: Clare Curd Crafts; Papers and Cardstock:Core'dinations cardstock in shades of blue and , ATD Occasions and Celebrations Year Book paper pad; Pink Petticoat Littlest dots Tangerine Tools: X-cut 1.5" circle punch, Stampin' up scalloped circle punch, Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page - Cherish, Pokey tool, COrner rounder large. Embellishments: Red Twill ribbon, white gel pen, red adhesive gems. 

Anyhoo, feel free to grab your Freebie, and I will be showing you another card using a digi image tomorrow.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

3 comments:

Sarpreet said...

hi Clare, Gorgeous card. love the layout and such beautiful layout. so beautifully designed.

tilly said...

lovely layout and papers
Tilly

Lee said...

Really love everything about this one.x