Thursday 9 June 2011

The Simple Pleasures of Father's Day!

Hi there,

How are you today? No, really?

It seems now's the time for making Father's Day cards judging by all the challenges out there centred towards this theme. And a good job too, seeing as I need a few of them! Thing is, even though I've been setting challenges for a few years now, I'm stumped. I have made three cards using different challenges. What's the etiquette when it comes to posting these cards. Do YOU normally put each card on a separate post, or all in one post? This time I'm going to put all three on one post as some of the challenges, relating to all the cards expire tonight

{are you keeping up with this}

so I would appreciate your advice.

The first card is this one...


Which I'm entering into the following challenges...


    I got the papers quite recently and loved the combination of fawn {or beige} and burgundy. The stamp {Whipper Snapper}I've had for ages and this is the first time I've got to use it. I really enjoyed blending my Promarkers to colour the image, and surprisingly I loved doing the hand stitching. I created the Greeting on my computer using the cookies and cream font.

    The next card is for my Dad's Birthday...


    Which I'm entering into the following Challenges...



    I really love this image, it just reminds me of my Dad with Joseph on a walk. My Dad wears a hat just like that! I stamped the Tin Can Mail stamp with Walnut Stain Distress inks and blended with a water brush. The button is from the stash of vintage buttons I stumbled upon in Oxfam. The texture is provided be the embossed blue cardstock, the textured background cardstock, and of course the button. I stamped the Happy Birthday repeat onto patterned paper and I think it looks really effective. I made the greeting on my laptop with the Travelling Typewriter font. 

    I'm entering this final card, probably my favourite of the lot, which is for my Father in Law...

    Into these challenges...

    • I ♥ to Stamp {sketch, although I don't know if it qualifies as it doesn't have a stamped image!}I used this sketch...


    I really have a thing for retro and the 1950's at the moment! I found these FREE vintage printables on Tip Junkie , How gorgeous are they??! There are 6 different designs altogether. The papers are from Die Cuts with a View Green  Stack. I coloured the white Core'dinations cardstock and twill with Old Paper and Walnut Stain Distress inks to achieve the same shade as the image. The circle is again hand stitched. I find this very therapeutic. The greeting is made by the travelling typewriter font.

    Anyhoo, I hope you've enjoyed looking at my cards as much as I did making them. I'd like to say THANK YOU to all the challenge setters, I've had a BLAST!

    20 comments:

    Desirée-ScrapDees said...

    i love all three of them, but when i have to make a choice, i should say the first one, no doubt about that!

    kingsharon1967 said...

    hi clare
    beautiful cards

    Anonymous said...

    Clare! A wonderful Trio of cards all unique and stunning! Thank you for joining in at Here Come The Boys! Woo x

    Sarpreet said...

    hi Clare, three absolutely stunning cards. Love them all. The hand stitching is great - I dare not do a circle on the sewing machine either! it is slow and painful and scarey.

    There is no such etiquette in posting cards for challenges. Some people post it all in one, some people post it over a time, to ensure that they have something to post on a daily basis.

    Those papers are gorgeous - please do share where they are from.

    I also noticed you have entered more than one card into the same challenge. I am sure you have already done, usually the rules on challenge sites only allow one entry per challenge.

    Sarpreet said...

    I read about you donating a lot of your crafty stash away to your local, I wish i lived in your area. A new beginning, a new start. More room for more crafty stuff.

    Jan said...

    Gorgeous cards, I love the colours and layouts. Thanks for joining us at CFAS xx Jan Dt

    Maria Matter said...

    oh these are gorgeous Clare!!! you do beautiful work hun!
    hugs & blessings

    Kathleen said...

    some lovely cards clare.

    i tend to post each card individually so the challenge people know exactly which card you've entered into their challenge. that is unless i've made a couple of cards very similar in design then i post them together.

    Kathleen Mc xx

    Katie Berberich Handmade said...

    These are adorable Clare but I just love the middle one! The image, the colours, the design brilliant!
    Unfortunately my Dad died on Fathers Day almost 12 years ago, way before I started cardmaking so I never got to make him one.
    I hope your Dad and FIL love their cards.
    Have a great weekend.
    Katie x

    Teresa said...

    3 fantastic cards Clare, thanks for sharing with us at HCTB's challenge.
    Teresa xx

    Jani said...

    These are all beautiful Clare!
    Thank you for joining us with your Father's Day creation at CFAS!
    Jani x

    Julie said...

    What a wonderful collection of male cards! Thanks for joining LCI challenge this week. Have a great weekend,Julie.x

    Faye said...

    Hi Clare. This is my first visit to you, but I'll defo be stopping by again. These three cards (as well as all the others!) are fab. All so different, but all great. I couldn't say which is my favourite, although I am edging towards the third!
    Post etiquette wise, I don't really think there is any, it's just what works for you.
    Anyway, that's enough waffle from me. Have a great weekend and thanks for your visit to mine. xxx

    Julie said...

    Hi Clare, 3 gorgeous cards. The first one is my favourite though, and the hand stitching is fab.

    As for posting your cards, there is no right or wrong way really. I tend to post mine all separately, but then it's very rare I'd have 3 cards to post at once anyway!

    Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers. Hope to see you back next week.

    Julie W x

    Jean said...

    I love them all Clare! Anyone would love to receive them I am sure.

    Lou Sims said...

    Hi Clare,

    Great selection of cards but loving that robot image - off to check the link now.

    Lou
    x

    Unknown said...

    Hi Clare - these are all gorgeous cards - good luck in the challenges you have entered them in.

    In terms of entering challenges - me personally (and not that i've entered any for ages) would make one card per post - this makes it easier for the visiting DT members of the challenge blog to visit and see your card without searching for which one you've entered - they often have lots of blogs to visit so it needs to be easy for them. Also when you link your card to their blog - using whatever link method they have chosen - remember to link the post your card is in and not link you blog in general.

    Each blog will have their own rules on entering, like someone above said - some only allow one card per challenge.

    Hope this little snippit of info helps. Its my personal 'take' on what happens, again, you will have your own way of doing things - others have their way. I was the same when I first started - you feel like a 'new girl' LOL.

    Good luck anyway.

    Paula x x x

    xxxtglxxx said...

    Great cards Claire! :)

    Fabulous take on our sketch this week, and a cute image that I have never seen before :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    Karen said...

    Great cards Clare, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    Lauren said...

    Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

    Lauren