Saturday 18 June 2011

No.1 Dad!

Hi there!

Sorry there was no post, last night...no card as promised. We had a power cut and my laptop had no juice, in addition to that of course the broadband router is powered by...yes, you got it electricity so I couldn't get on line either, so it was back to Amish ways! It's amazing how much we use electricity when you think about it isn't it, it effects our lives in more ways that you realise until it's not there. And can I say that I can't believe that I have written a whole paragraph about electricity!

So, onto the card I promised you yesterday. This is great if you need a Father's Day card in super quick time, as it's so darn fast {sorry, I'm watching one of my favourite films ~ 'Yes Man' and I seem to catch the accent!}. It's using the final of my FREE digital downloads, available *here*. There will be a NEW FREEBIE {and we all love a freebie, don't we} download available on Monday right here on this blog, so don't miss it! Don't forget I'm running a challenge using any of the Father's Day downloads this week, with a little prize for the winner, and I'd love YOU to be a winner! So make sure you enter *here*!

The rosette is made with papers free with a past copy of 'Making Cards' magazine, designed by Nancy Watt! This is A4 paper and so I cut two strips along the length with a width of 1.5" and glued them together. I scored every 0.5" with my Scor~pal, then attached the ends together to form a continuous circle. I stuck this to a circle using a hot glue gun.
I decided that the greeting as a little too big as is, so I trimmed off the edges and attached to the rosette with a couple of vintage buttons. Kinda simple, but I love it!

Supplies: Free Digi Image: Clare Curd Crafts; Papers and Cardstock: Free Papers from 'Making Cards' Magazine '~Stars and Stripes, designed by Nancy Watt, Doodlebug Cheerfully Christmas Grid   Tools: Scor~pal, Hot glue gun, 1.5" circle punch {to make base for rosette} Embellishments: Vintage buttons in navy blue and red, Sakura white gel pen.


I'd love it if you could stop by tomorrow for my final Father's Day card. To be quite honest I have loved making Masculine cards, but I'm looking forward to laking something more girly!


Please, let me know if you download the designs and what you think to them! I would really appreciate it!

4 comments:

Sarpreet said...

hi Clare this is a gorgeous card, I love it. Your free digis are fantastic. I do need more male cards and have been inspired by yours.

Fuchsia said...

Lovely colours

uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Wow,, This card is very sweet, pretty and nice,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

cute card, love it!