Sunday 19 June 2011

We are Hull KR!

Hi there!

I promised that I would be back with a final Father's Day card today so here I am! I made this with the sketch {no.222} over at CPS in mind, and had I posted yesterday, I would have been able to enter the card, but as usual I've missed the deadline, so now it's just for fun!


I've made this for a friend who's Dad is mad on Hull KR Rugby team. I distressed the edges of the blue cardstock with Old Paper and Weathered Wood Distress inks, and the edges of the stamped panel and paper print with Old Paper. I stitched thread through the buttons before fixing them down, although with a little forethought I could have stitched them to the paper before sticking the panels down!
The John Byars image was stamped with Memento in Rich Cocoa, before colouring the player in the Hull KR strip ~ right down to the little badges on his arm and pattern on the socks! I hand drew a line of brown ink around the edge of the card before stamping Happy Father's Day around the image.
I stuck two lengths of ribbon together along the length, and fixed to the underside of the blue cardstock, trying with a bow using the two different colours. I'm really pleased with how neat the bow came out!

I {yet again} hand stitched around the newspaper print paper using a pale blue embroidery thread {2 strands}. By the way, if any of you know who makes this paper, or where it's available from, I'd be very grateful if you could let me know as I love it! Finally I added a hand drawn white line around the red paper with a gel pen. 

Supplies: Free Digi Image: Clare Curd Crafts; Stamps: John Byars sporting Stamps, Happy Father's Day clear stamp, part of a stamp set of individual words {unknown} Inks: Promarkers, distress inks in weathered wood and Old Paper, Memento in Rich Cocoa  Papers and Cardstock: Core'dinations cardstock in shades of blue and brown; Newspaper  print patterned paper {Unknown}, Doodlebug Cheerfully Christmas Grid   Tools: hot glue gun, pokey tool,  Embellishments: BasicGrey buttons in brown and red, Sakura white gel pen, twill in red and gross grain fawn ribbon

Tomorrow sees the start of the new digi Monday challenge, with the availability of a new digi download. Only one this week I'm afraid :( , so it would be great to see you then!

7 comments:

Sarpreet said...

hi Clare, this is a stunning card, love the layout. The design and nice to see a gorgeous card using a John Byars range. I did have a card using your digi images from last week Monday, however the needle on the sewing machine broke. And I did not realise that was the last one. So i will be out today buying a load more, and then will post the link to that card later on today or email you.

Sarpreet said...

I struggle in getting a straight line even with hand stitching, i see you are using a thicker thread, which thread do you use? I use normal sewing thread.

The Occasional Crafter said...

Fantastic card, Clare. I remember when I was younger, I supported Hull KR, lol, but the rest of the family supported the black and white's!

Love the whole effect, espec the newspaper print paper.

Paula xx

Jenz Bitz 'n' Bobs said...

Hi Hun, Fab card, love the image and the club you've chosen. I'm from Hull and my family are still there. Dad used to work for Hull KR wish I'd done this image for his father's day card. Hugs Jenny xx

uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Wow,, This card is a very creative, interesting and very nice,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

This is such a great bloke card Clare xx Jenny xx

The Craft Bucket said...

Fab card, I hand stitch all my cards and I think it looks that extra special for it. Jane x
http://thecraftbucket.blogspot.com/