Monday 16 February 2009

I {heart} Louise Jolley and Photoshop!

Wow! What a busy time in the Curd household at the moment! I'm busy looking through all the applications for the Clare Curd's Signature Range (CCSR), as well as starting on my cards for the may edition of the Do Crafts Creativity! Magazine and cards for future Video's of the week over on Do Crafts. I'm also hoping to go to the stitches Trade Show tomorrow with Sheila, but David has to be in work tomorrow at 6am, so it depends whether I want to go late or not go at all.

Last week, Sheila and I was down in Do Crafts land (or Dorset to you), and a busy yet fun time was had by all! Sheila did a couple of Top Tips videos, you can see the first one here, and I filmed four Video's of the week. I very kindly passed on my nasty cold to Sheila too, nothing like sharing with your friends! Get well soon, Sheils! Talking of Sheila, here's a photo that Lou (the photographer) took of Sheila and I on the last day we were there - Sheils needed a new photo of herself for the website, and I happened to sneak in and get in the picture. They can't do anything with me popping up!
Lou just sent me the photo today, and I had a little chuckle when I spotted the title she put on the image - the terrible twins - that explains us just about right!

Just incase you're wondering, Lou is a superstar because she had achieved the impossible - she has managed to save my cards that I ruined with coffee last week! Whoo hoo! And even though it must have taken her ages, she did it with a smile and alot of patience. I love you Lou - you're the best, I really appreciate everything you do!

Today, I have been out and bought a new webcam so I can start skyping Sheila again - my webcam kept crashing my computer, and some new headphones to replace the ones I smashed when I thought the bath was running over last week.


Finally, here is a card I didn't get around to posting last week, I made it with my The Greeting Farm Pretty Hat stamp set. She is just the cutest and was a pleasure to colour and work with. I also love the font used for the greeting - gorgeous! I used a sketch challenge from Mojo Monday (week 72), but didn't enter it 'cos I'm not organised enough. The pink paper is an gorgeous old Doodlebug paper, and the flowers are cut from a lush BasicGrey paper. I coloured in anya with my promarkers Love'em!

That's all for now - see ya later!

Love, Clare x

14 comments:

Marcea said...

I bet you sighed a huge breath of relief when you heard your cards had been saved - I could do with someone like that around, lol!!!!
Gorgeous card - I love the image you have used - gorgeous colours and papers are scrummy!
-x-

Jill said...

gorgeous card Claire I love the image and your colouring is wonderful, glad you got your new headphones and web cam. Sounds like you've been very busy hugs Jill x

Dawn said...

Aww this is just the cutest ever - love the cut flowers - gorguss!!

Anonymous said...

Heya Clare, I'm sure things are going crazy in your house! Can't wait to see who's in the team. Your wee card is great, I love the little stamp - soo cute! I'm glad your lovely coffee cards were recovered - there would have been tantrums if they hadn't lmao! Love Rachel xxx

Sandra said...

Clare, what an exciting crafting life you lead... I wish it were me (but not in a 'single white female kinda way')
Joking apart it must be great 'living the crafters dream'.
Love your card, the sentiment is so appropriate.
Hugs
Sandra xx

Susie Sugar said...

Hi Clare I love this Truly Scrumptious card the stamps are so sweet and the rich colours you have used are fabby
Love Susie xx

Mina said...

great photo...looks like you were having a real giggle...I love the image you used for this card its fab...I love your punched borders and the colours you used too xxx

Elaine Stark said...

Hi Clare, sounds like you both had fun. A lovely cute image and the little dog. Great card and lovely sentiment. Elaine

Vee said...

Great card Clare love the image and the punched border looks fab.Thanks for becoming a follower on my blog you made my day..
xx Vee

Unknown said...

Always a pleasure, never a chore - Miss Jolley xoxoxoxoxo

Helena said...

WOW you have been busy,

Love the photo!

The card is fantastic, love the colours and the colouring of the image!

xxxx

Dawn Wheeler said...

Gorgeous card Claire ,fabulous colouring and papers xxx
can not waite to see all the fab new products you have and the great things the DT make with them ,hugs Dawnxx

Chris said...

Tee hee re the terrible twins...you do look a mischievous pair! Glad your cards were saved, what a relief and I love your new card! Gorgeous little image and your design and papers are fabby Clare. Take care and hope you get more play time soon. Chris xxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card!!!
Love the colors and the image is just wonderful!!!

Hugs,
Jorunn