Friday 20 February 2009

So, So Sad...

I don't normally post things like this, as I think there is far too much misery and depression in the world without having on a blog too, but I just have to say something about this awful situation.

I am talking about Jade Goody. Ever since I heard on Sunday that she has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, and may only have weeks to live I have been wracked with sadness, not only for her, but for her two beautiful little boys. Now, I know that Jade is not the only person to have ever gone through this, but just seeing her now makes me cry frustrated tears - why? It's such a waste.

people may criticise her for living her life and consequently her final days in the glare of the media, but as she has said herself, she is doing it for the money, but so her boys can have a good start in life. I know money doesn't bring happiness, but she is going what any mother tries every day to do - to try and provide the best for them, and god knows, I would do exactly the same thing.

And now, she has left hospital to be with her family at this time. And there is nothing I can do to help her. And I do feel helpless. This is a perfect illustration of why I'm wholeheartedly supporting the Marie Curie make a Card for Cancer Care Campaign, so that others like Jade can be cared for in their own homes with their families around them.

Lastly, I would just like to say that I wish Jade a wonderful wedding, and the most beautiful of days with her boys. Sorry if I've depressed anyone, but I think I feel better for saying (in my opinion) what needs to be said.

Love, Clare x

4 comments:

tracy said...

arrrh clare i have just been catching up about Jade and how Jack has been given extra time to spend with Jade on their wedding day because of the exceptional circumstances I know what you mean it would be torment for me not knowing how many hours or days I have left with my family its just so sad.
Tracy x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Here Here. Being A Mum I can really understand where the poor girl is coming from. I keep thinking of her too. Think as well having just lost my Grandad to cancer 6 months ago I know what is coming over the next few weeks for them and just feel so much for the family.
Hazelxo

Michele Roos said...

I know what you mean. When I heard the news the other day about Jade only have a few months to live I had tears in my eyes. It's such a waste. It brought back painful memories for me as I lost my mum last year to liver cancer. She was only given a few months to live like jade. I really admire Jade for what she is doing and I think people are wrong to criticise someone who is dying and trying to do the best for their children. Michele x

SallyB said...

I think that everyone has come to the same conclusion about Jade Goody. When I first watched her on BB I was appalled at her lack of education and at her behaviour for a young woman. Then she seemed to make good..then she wrecked it all with her awful attacks on Shilpa Shetty on Celebrity BB, but even after all that she did her best to put it right and showed how vunerable she was. The making of her was having her 2 little boys who she adores. She does not deserve this terrible ending and I shall cry buckets for her and them on the day she finally passes away.