Monday 2 February 2009

Snicky, Snacky Snoo!

Good Morning everyone!

Today I wanted to share this gift that I made for Joseph's Scool. They collect donations towards the snacks they have in the mornings and the box that they use was getting a bit tatty and torn.

I found an old coffee tin that was still in the cupboard and full of coffee. Unfortunately the coffee had gone out of date, so at least the tin didn't get wasted. I covered it with striped paper and cut a circle to cover the plastic lid. It was quite easy to cut a slit in the lid too. I was hoping that would be the case!

I stamped the orange panel with a gorgeous stamp from a Fancy Pants set (sorry, I'm not sure which one), and I was going to appply some adhesive stones, but I know they wouldn't last long in the hands of little ones! The lettering is Papermania; some old, some new.

I'm giving it to school today, so I really hope they like it!

Love, Clare x

13 comments:

sharon said...

Ahh..they gonna love that!
Nice bright and cheery on this snowy snowy day!xx

Sandra said...

What a great idea and a lovely box... They are so gonna love you at the school (they probably doalready ;o)
Big Hugs
Sandra xx

Elaine Stark said...

This is a great idea and it is nice and bright too. Great initiative on your part. Elaine

Shivvy x said...

This is a fantastic box, I love the colours, the papers, the text used. Well done!

Siobhan xxx

Shivvy x said...

This is a fantastic box, I love the colours, the papers, the text used. Well done!

Siobhan xxx

Mina said...

bet they love it...what a brilliant idea...Im off to have a rummage in my cupboards lol xxx

Anonymous said...

How creative!! What a great idea!! :)

Diane.W. said...

Great tin,bet they luv it!!! :o)x

Susie Sugar said...

What a great idea, I think I will try to make one as a money box for my son Woody .
I love the bright colours Claire.
xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Great Idea Clare, i lov the papers and colour scheme you have used. Hugs Nikki x

Dawny P said...

Well chickeroonie, if they don't love it, you can send it to the pink pig sty cos there's one little (ha in my dreams lol xx) piggy that would lurrrrve it. It's gorgeous and such funkytastic colours. Love it xxxxx

Zoe said...

Aww, i am sure that they loved it - i might have to have a go at this myself, my littlun has got a saucer to throw your snack money onto!!! I am sure they would love one!!!
Zoe xx

Discount Cards said...

This is great post with respect to the idea and the other color which you are used in this donation tin.